My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Gourds, clay and fun

Hello,
Fall arrived. Trees are wearing glden reddish leaves, some of the trees are still green, but most of them turned into fall colors and some of them are loosing leaves. When it is not raining like today ( it pouring) it is very nice outside. I just love autumn.

Anyway, back to the subject of the post. I recently joined a yahoo group of wonderful artists that learning , sharing on how to work with clay. One of the project we will be doing is Santa on gourd.
In a meantime, I decided to practice a little bit before the project.


I picked two small gourds that were used as a body for Santa. I used Pearl Paperclay that you can find in any craft stores. I was sculpting right on gourd. made a full face sculpt for one Snata and for another one I sculpted just some features and the rest - painted.

The pictures are showing how Santa gourd was developed. Let me know what do you think, please.


Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home