My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Some Altered Bottles

Those bottles had been motivated by challenge on Cloth Doll Artistry (mixed-media) studio, and me having stock of bottles, just one day , from soda mostly , there are a few results of my experiments. The day came :) First picture. Blue bottle painted from inside using glass paint and then baked. Decorated with tulle, some dimensional paint, a top - electrical bulb, painted also, some bling, beads inside. Rounded one - from Michael's, painted outside with glitz dimensional paint, stuffed with tulle and beads, some embellishments and a ball on a top from some winter decoration. The bottle below - regular soda glass bottle covered with tissues and modeling paste, I had one that was very liquid, almost like pva, face mold by Sherry Goshon I had for some other projects :), some branches from tree, spray painted and then decorated with some things I had around. Two more bottles in work. Now, I justified saving glass bottles and jars. I'll show what I did with the jars using one of the links on pinterest. But it will be another post. As my son is saying - Ta-da for now! :) Hugs, Helen

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

These bottles are wonderful. I love the one with Sherry's face mould on it.

2:25 AM  
Blogger HElen said...

Thank you very much Shashi!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Sweetie,
Wow Double congratulations for being published for that lovely bird and also for the 3rd place prize with the other beaded bird.
I am really happy for you.
Keep up the lovely work and hope you and your family are doing well.
Please write when you can.
Hugs

11:37 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

Helen, these are GORGEOUS! And I was so proud when I saw your wonderful piece in ART DOLL QUARTERLY! Congratulations! I miss & love you!!!!!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

I'm HOPELESS, my Helen! Can't locate either your email, your phone #, OR your address. I changed computers some time back & lost EVERYTHING. PLEASE, can you email me all of the above? My email is still kola54@sbcglobal.net! THANK YOU!!!! I looooove you!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda Trought said...

Helen, this is one of my favorites, your bottles are very special!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Bridgit's Bell said...

Lovely work! I just ordered some of these face molds to make spirit dolls.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home