My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Guess what - I am alive!


Last year was not easy for me. Not to bore you with details, I was laid off and while I was searching for a job, I found one in Florida where we moved last February. Yes, a year ago, and I still trying to get back on my creative feet :) New place, new job, new schools for kids, new weather, crazy drivers, loosing house...you are getting the picture, all supplies in storage as in renting place not much room for us not to mention a whole house of art supplies...
Thanks to Anne Lindsay (see her work at www.redheadsandmoreredheads.com ) saw my doll on artfire.com, honestly, I forgot about it completely, and ask if I can make one just in different colors. That was a push that I needed. She graciously allowed me to post her photo of her model with my jester. Thank you Anne!
I still pulling myself but do more painting and a little bit of clay.
You will be hearing from me a little bit more often than last year :) I am working on it.
Hugs to all , Helen

4 Comments:

Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

Glad to know that you have started creating again. Sure did miss you.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

THERE'S my Helen! I didn't realize you were posting again till I saw your comment this morning! The jester is GORGEOUS! But even BETTER is seeing YOU on the computer and knowing you are creating! I LOVE YOU! Kai

9:10 AM  
Blogger Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Helen Sweetie,

So happy to have you back online and creating. I have missed you my dear friend.
Hugs

4:45 PM  
Blogger Maria McCabe said...

Hi Helen,
Not sure if you still use this blog, but I found you on CDA and I couldn't believe that you had lived in Unionville - I live there and usually no one has even heard of it! Are you still living in Florida? Your work is gorgeous, I love the Jester.
Maria

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home