My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A new Fairy



This doll made from Sherry pattern, I jusst added wings, made our of light fabric, micro beads and wire, of course, to hold a shape :) Doll's dress is painted with acrylics.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow Helen you are on a roll she is beautiful!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

You know, I'VE made one of these from Sherry's pattern, and have seen LOADS of them made by various other people. But this is TRULY the prettiest and most unique one I've seen! She is SO BEAUTIFUL and SO distinctly HELEN! I'd know YOU made her even if she WASN'T on YOUR BLOG! No one else can paint in this beautiful Ukranian style! I LOOOOOVE her! And I also love YOU! (And I WILL call you this weekend - got your message!)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Helen, she is just so darling! Has Sherry seen her? She will be delighted to see what you created from her pattern.

10:43 PM  
Blogger JudiA said...

Oh I love that pattern too - great addition with the wings.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sprite said...

Oh she is beautiful Helen!! Delicate and elegant! BIG hugs, Sprite

4:49 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Oh this is such a cute one!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Helen, your Fairy is beautiful!
Love how you painted the face.

Hugs and hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home