My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Monday, October 26, 2009

A little Mermaid




This doll made out of cotton and then was painted with may layers of different paint, starting green, then blue, then white and purple, then some metallic, I think I tiried almost all grenn-blue-purple colors I had :) I designed this doll, nor much of a design, but still :) Oh, and then I covered her with microbeads, not quite happy with the tail beads, I still thinking if I should put those beads on tail in a first place.Anyway, she is here and all suggestion for improvement are very welcome.

Hugs, Helen

4 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

Oh, Helen! She's just BEAUTIFUL! I think her color turned out wonderfully! And, YES! The beads on her tail are exactly right! You did an awesome job designing her AND bringing your design to life! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU & I LOVE YOU!

6:42 PM  
Blogger SweetErGallery said...

I love how she came out. How about adding some flowing sheer ribbons from her hair, almost like seawood or something that is reminiscent of water. Then, more beads, pearls, shells, and ornaments in different places of her hair.

You can never go wrong with micro beads, in my opinion. I just love em.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Hi Helen,
Your Mermaid is beautiful!!
Hugs
Fran

12:40 AM  
Blogger Vegetarian Cannibal said...

Very pretty! And unique! :D

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home