My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Collage in shadow box frame


I bought a few shadow boxes frames in a dollar store with making a doll inside of it in mind. Once I started to work on background, mind that I did not have a doll for it yet, I painted, glue some paper, images, more paper, more paint, I forgot about the dolls :) and was consumed by the process itself. For one of the frame, I used apoxie to create a tree to give some dimension, adding some glass pebbles inside and outside the box, painted the frame or used the pieces of paper...

I was learning and practicing...You can the results of having fun, making the mess and creating, did I mentioned creating the mess around as well :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

What a great idea! I think these look beautiful the way you did them! Hmmm ... now I'll be looking for shadow box frames! Just what I need - another project! Heehee! I love 'em!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Helen, those are gorgeous! I love shadow boxes and you really made these beautiful.
Hugs-
Linda F from FL

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home