My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Gourd family

I was on a roll with gourds. I created, painted some dolls on small gourds. They can be used as an ornaments or the smallest ones can be used as a necklace piece. In a meantime they are one gourd family. Some of them I painted, on some of them I use apoxie sculpt and used molds to create faces on a few other dolls. I really enjoy working with gourds.

It is like working with wood, you can feel the warm of the wood, smell of it...talking about the smell, this is not the best when I have to work with gourds though...And finally I finished the piece I started a year ago. It can be used a bowl and just a decorating piece. Again, I used some apoxie sculpt to decorate it.


Below are the gourds that I painted. Those gourds are 3 to 4" inches tall.



Let me know what you think. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

OMG, My Helen! These are ALL gorgeous! I can't decide which is prettiest! They are EQUALLY pretty! And I'll GLADLY tell you what I think: I think I'm not sure I should even TRY to paint on gourds after seeing yours! I'll just make a big old mess! LOL! I LOOOOVE your gourd dolls!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

Hi Helen,
Oh how lovely to know that you have started posting again. Your gourds are lovely. I love what you have done. I have some gourds that a lovely lady sent me and I still haven't picked up the courage to do anything with them.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Sherry Goshon said...

OH helen this are soooooooooo beautiful I love them all...wow not even the right words to express how much i love them...

8:47 PM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Helen, is that first gourd doll for sale? I love all of them, but especially the first one. If she is for sale, would you e-mail me and tell me her price? I would love to buy her for Kelsey's art doll collection.
Hugs-
Linda F from FL

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home