My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Sunday, July 01, 2007

New gourd dolls






For the last few months I was working on some gourds dolls. It is besides going up and down in my moods, creating nothing for weeks and then working on a few dolls at once. Anyway, anyhow...I was working on a few gourds dolls...some of them I painted but some of them I combined apoxy to decorate the gourd and incorporated my painting into it as well. And most important, I had a good time working on those dolls and they were giving me ideas for some other projects that I am working on, at least I cur the gourds and cleaned them, so, it is a start, right? :)

Hugs to all,
Helen

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

This is so amazing to me - how you take a simple gourd and turn it into something so incredibly beautiful! Each doll is unique, yet each has that very distinct HELEN touch! I looooove your art! Glad you put some of it on your new etsy!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Courtney Short said...

your gourds are truly amazing.. seeing the some of them with the folk art painting reminds me of my maternal grandmother from Lithuania. When I save a bit of cash I am going to have to make a run to your etsy site :-)

12:20 AM  
Blogger SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Helen I was wondering if you could help me?I see you paint with acrylics, do you use the acrylics
that come in the tube? or the the ones that come in the pop top squeeze bottle kind?
I was wondering if there is a difference.
Helen I was looking at your gorgeous gourds in amazment as always..Helen how do you shade around your facial features..This is what I'm trying desperately to learn, on my MaMa face on my blog I redid her face..trying to shade her eyes I ended up with lining in black taking a wet brush dragging and wiping it over the eye lid and then doing the same with whitw..crazy huh!
also your Giggle Bug is awesome..now did you do her in pencils?? or acrylics ? here again your shading is perfection.Years agao I use to china paint (My Mom was a china painting teacher)we use powder colors that e mixed with a speical oil to tooth paste constancy also dipped the corner of our brush in the oil then loaded with painted..it was like painting with creamy butter, I had no problems with shading..a secret we would take cotton balls put them in a piece of silk and we would pounce to blend it was great!Thank You Helen inadvance for any help you give
Hugs to you sweet friend
Sherrie

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home