My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Paper dolls







For some reason I feel intimidated by paper. Not the paper itself, but say making cards, ATC, paper dolls, making something out of paper besides airplanes and simple boats for my boys.
Anyway, trying to "concur my fear of paper" I was working on some paper dolls this week. Mary Tressler , you can see a lot of dolls on my blog and picturetrail that I made out of her patterns, she had a few patterns recently that can me be made into paper doll. This was a push I needed...Some of them can be done as pin dolls, which I "fear" more than paper, so, I went with paper :)
Lady in blue and another one is from pattern called "Nola" ( you can see the paper doll and the cloth foll), fun and easy to make. I kind of like the paper dolls now :) at least not fearing them that much...
Wishing a great day!
HElen

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

Helen your paper dolls turned out beautiful! I am like you not very comfortable with paper but try and push myself. However the push you needed has made you come up with these wonderful dolls which means you can do it.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

Oh,I LOOOOVE those! The paper dolls are FABULOUS! What do you MEAN paper stuff scares you? Bah! You did an awesome job! And of COURSE the CLOTH doll is marvelous! I hope I can learn to do Mary Tressler's great patterns even 1/100 as well as YOU do! I'm already stuggling with one. LOL! Anyway, I think EVERYTHING you make turns out beautifully!

6:43 AM  
Blogger MaryO said...

The paper dolls are lovely, Helen, as are all your creations! I love those little pins you made, too! It's a joy to come to your blog and see what fun things you've been doing!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Helen, your paper art dolls are wonderful! It looks to me that you have conquered you fear of paper.!

2:02 AM  
Blogger Courtney Short said...

I couldn't find a way to email you but thought I would leave you a message to say thank yoiu for your great kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity in sending me that box of goodies.. it really brightened my day as it was turning out to be a depressing one until your package arrived.. thank you from the bottom of my heart :-)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Cat (darklingwoods) said...

they are delightful! I like the attitude of the one in black! :)

Cat

11:19 PM  
Blogger Designs by Kat Lees said...

Helen your paper dolls are fantastic...I have not made any of these as yet, I am way behind the times.....you are truly very talented in so many areas. Kat Lees

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home