My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Monday, August 20, 2007

Sitting pretty






She made from "Frowning Francis" pattern. It is muslin doll that was gessoed and then painted. I like the head design of this kitty. It has a few layers giving more dimention to the head. Similar to trapunto method but a bit different. And she is sitting on little taffeta from free tutorial that Sherry Goshon gave us. Thanks a lot for that!
I posted some pictures of the doll in progress. When I loaded pictures from camera into computer, I realized that Kitty is missing whiskers.
Off to take some new pictures :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

I confess! THIS is my FAVORITE of all the things you've shown on your blog today! It's SOOOO CUTE! I HAVE to get that pattern & make one - or two - or a dozen! LOL! Helen, that's the most darling kitty EVER! And you have created some WONDERFUL pieces recently! I'm delighted that you posted to your blog tonight!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

This is so cute!! I love her big eyes and darling dress :o)

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home