My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You can see some of my work including painting at my picturetrail site: www.picturetrail.com/elenahg Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks again, Helen

Monday, August 20, 2007

Sitting pretty






She made from "Frowning Francis" pattern. It is muslin doll that was gessoed and then painted. I like the head design of this kitty. It has a few layers giving more dimention to the head. Similar to trapunto method but a bit different. And she is sitting on little taffeta from free tutorial that Sherry Goshon gave us. Thanks a lot for that!
I posted some pictures of the doll in progress. When I loaded pictures from camera into computer, I realized that Kitty is missing whiskers.
Off to take some new pictures :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

I confess! THIS is my FAVORITE of all the things you've shown on your blog today! It's SOOOO CUTE! I HAVE to get that pattern & make one - or two - or a dozen! LOL! Helen, that's the most darling kitty EVER! And you have created some WONDERFUL pieces recently! I'm delighted that you posted to your blog tonight!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

This is so cute!! I love her big eyes and darling dress :o)

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home