My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Monday, August 20, 2007

New gourd dolls

I also was working on some gourd dolls this month. One of them I started a few moth ago and finally finished, a few new, one of which - I am still working on it but will show some pictures in progress.
The gourds below are finished and I posted them into my etsy store where you can see more pictures.









Gourd below is the one I am still working on. I had a few egg shaped gourds and I used one of them to create this piece. I attached the gourd to small wooden candle holder using Apoxie. I also used Apoxie to create vines and roses. I used acrylic, watercolor paints and pencils to paint the girl inside rose vignette.






Please let me know your opinion about the work. I need some feedback, please, to improve the work I am doing. All comments are welcome and many thanks for that!

Hugs,
HElen

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

WOW! How do you take a plain gourd and DO that? GORGEOUS! I love all three! That purple one tho' is especially beautiful! How long does it take you to make those? It would take ME years!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Designs by Kat Lees said...

Helen these are fantastic, you are very talented indeed. Thank you for commenting on my blog also....I have added you to my blogs......your work is wonderful.
Kat Lees

7:28 PM  
Blogger Designs by Kat Lees said...

Helen your work is fantastic, I love your gourds or are they eggs? hehehe! they are truly beautiful.
You are very talented.
And thank you for commenting on my blog, I added yours to mine.
Kat Lees

7:30 PM  
Blogger Courtney Short said...

did I say how much I LOVE your gourd dolls? They are breath-takign really! The black one from this post is my favorite so far :-)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home