My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Friday, January 23, 2009

Work in progress - Fire Girl


I painted background with acrylic first, then I applied some gel medium, then some acrylic colors, I painted face with acrylic and some pastel pencils. The previous canvas was done in the same manner.

Thank you very much for your comments, I was thinking to add some bling, thanks Shashi for confirming :) , now, I am searching my stash ( good luck to me) for some Swarowski crystals that I can apply, small but sparkle :)

Hugs to all, Helen

6 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

Another beauty and I'm glad you wrote how you did it. Bling sounds great on this!! I love mixed media art. I've always wanted to try it.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

Yet another lovely painting. You are on the roll. Glad to have been of some help.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

Well, you've done it again! GORGEOUS! And you KNOW I love the red!!! As I told you, I put 7 small Swavorski crystals in the mail to you this afternoon! That was all I had on hand! I can get you some more next weekend at Hobby Lobby or Michael's if you need more! BEAUTIFUL ART! I can't imagine how you'll top that!

7:29 PM  
Blogger cat's momma said...

First, thank you for your nice comments at my blog! This painting is unique and beautiful! I love the colors used. Wow!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Serena Lewis said...

GORGEOUS! I love adding spirals to my mixed media paintings too.

6:21 PM  
Blogger hoppa said...

Geken, This piece is just fantastic! Lthanks for explaining how you did it as I love it!

Hoppa

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home