My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Friday, March 07, 2008

February - month of doodling




Last month was month of drawing. I'd rather call this doodling, at least that how it started. I did a lot ( for me ) of such drawing and then I was thinking on how to make a doll out of it. Either to draw on fabric or use different textures and prints. So far, I did first. I made a doll, painted and then drew. A few pictures of dolls are coming in next post.

17 Comments:

Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Oh, Helen, those are beautiful! Just the sketches themselves are gorgeopus art. I can't wait to see them as dolls.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

These are fabulous Helen! Some of the best doodling I have ever seen!
They would make wonderful dolls!

12:45 AM  
Blogger MaryO said...

Helen, these are fabulous drawings! The first one reminds me of one of my favorite artists whose name flew right out of my mind just now!!! Drat! But I cannot wait to see the dolls you make from these lovely works!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Dawn Alice Rogers said...

These are beautiful!

10:48 AM  
Blogger JudiA said...

Sketches?? Those drawings are beautiful, very evocative. If they were mine I would frame them.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

You call them doodling I call them beautiful drawings. Love them all.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Beautiful sketches. I know a lady that makes similar dolls out of clay. I did a fabric body for a doll but I put a regular cloth head on her; actually I put two heads on her (one on front and one on back. I can't wait to see the dolls you make from your beautiful sketches. Your work is wonderful.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ira said...

Привет!
А(или О)балденные рисунки. (Как и мой русский в последнее время)А т.к. я рисовать не умею вовсе, то можно воспользоваться твоими?
С прошедшим 8 Мартаю Наилучшие пожелания тебе и маме. Мы дома не празнуем вот я и забыла.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Cindibee said...

Wow, these drawings are amazing! I love your style very much!

3:10 PM  
Blogger MaryO said...

Now Helen, you MUST post a picture of the doll you made from these sketches...that won the challenge on Doll Street! Congratulations, it was a well deserved win!!! I LOVED the doll!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Carolynl said...

Helen, I came here to congratulate you on your winning entry for the Winter Blues challenge ... now I see how she evolved ... how amazing you are ... Great work ... Just love them both ...

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Helen!! I can't wait to see these become dolls! How beautiful they're going to be :-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Ira said...

Привет
Извини, что пишу здесь. Не на все хватает английского. Спасибо за подарок. И как ты догадалась, что мне не хватает именно зеленых и золотых бус, а на стенке осталось место для 1 !!!! Петриковской картинки? Большое спасибо.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

That is not doodling...that is wonderful ART!!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Hi Helen...I wanted to let you know that I've given you the Arte Y Pico
award in honor of your beautiful art and fun blog.
I hope you will come by my blog and pick up your award!
Hugs Sherrie
http://sympletymes.blospot.com

12:39 PM  
Blogger Cat (darklingwoods) said...

beautiful drawings Helen! I can't wait to see the dolls!

and you've been tagged :) come and see the questions if you want to join in :)

Cat

9:34 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

You call this doodling...no I think not. Fine art that is what I would call it. They are wonderful

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home