My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Monday, August 20, 2007

A few new dolls

The doll below was made from Lotus Velle free pattern that she post on ClothDollMaking yahoo group. I like this pattern very much. Easy to put together and the fellow is the charmer. At least in my eyes :)



















This little Dragon was created from Jennifer Carson pattern "The Maned Bookwyrm". This is cloth dragon with some needlefelting (mane, and chest or stomach). But if you are not into needlefelting, you still can have a wonderful dragon. I couldn't resist his charms and created one for my son. Another dragon is at work as I have to make one for another son as well :)
And no, he is not picking his nose...



















I also was playing around and created a little Annie - The Ballerina. Her body and stocks are painted, the face - embroidered and she just making me smile with her silliness :) Hope she will bring smile to you as well.
Hugs,
Helen

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Linda Fleming said...

You have been busy, Helen! I adore the first little guy and the dragon is delightful. Your little Annie is just too cute. It's so nice to see a new post on your blog and your new creations.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

I love, love, love the lil' troll! Now I have to make one, too! LOL! And your dragon is so cute & colorful! So is Ballerina Annie! It's such fun to see the new creations you post! You know I love them all!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

What an adorable little troll! And Annie is super sweet as a ballerina. :-)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I need to visit your blog more often. I know the boys are loving that dragon. The annie is so sweet...and the troll he speaks to me....

11:15 AM  
Blogger SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Hi Helen
Your dolls are just awesome!! But your little Dragon just stole my heart..He is just so whimsy!
What a cute face!!
Sherrie

6:24 PM  
Blogger jandee said...

Hi Helen My move from Illinois to NC interrruped my blog surfing and wow I sure missed a lot!! :You have a gorgeous blog ... ANd love your "few new" dolls Cant pick a favorite SOrry and I always love our gourds WIll be back more now I hope Got my computer and I will be back hugs jandee

4:59 PM  
Blogger SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Hi Helen I really LOVE your sweet Annie Ballerina! She truly makes ya smile..I enjoy coming and visiting you on your blog..Thank You also for visting mine..I hope you will join the doll challenge..Its just gonna be a fun aoutta ya box thing to do
Hugs Sherrie

10:37 AM  
Blogger Clothmatters said...

The doll you made from Lotus' pattern is wonderful.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Paula McGee said...

Hi Helen, mY you've been busy... I love visiting your blog to look at your beautiful art work!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! GO TO MY BLOG TO SEE THE RULES!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

I DO NOT SEE ANY KOMAS HERE, MY HELEN! OH, AND YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED - GO TO MY BLOG! NOW - KOMAS! I WANT KOMAS! HEEHEE!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Where have you been hiding, Helen? We are way over do for a new post from you! Hugs-

12:39 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

These are all so cute!
The little dragon is darling. I love how colorful he is. :o)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Helen!!! Yoo Hoo!!!! It's time for you to peek out and give us a new post showing some of your recent art!

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home