My Photo
Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Hi, My name is Helen Grossman. I like to paint, read books, and learning a new forms of art and techniques. I love to learn and experiment with different medias and surfaces, like clay, paper, beads, gourds,it is always something new here to learn and grow. When I am feeling burn out I am reading books or taking my brushes and paint. Back in Ukraine I learned a decorative folk art style of painting called Petrikivka named after village it was born. You also could see some of my work on Instagram, @helldg123. Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, I would love to hear your feedback. Helen

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkins and spiders and fun







We (my kids and I ) did this fun project today, this one besides building the catapult for school project.
We bought some artificial pumpkins, we wait and wait when they will go on sale and finally we've got 70% off and here we come :)
Sorry, getting sidetracked. I painted on this pumpkin and cover it with sealer that we can display it outside.
Then kids built some spiders out of styrofoam balls and chenille steams ( BHG idea)and with addition of cheese cloth we have a pumpkin princess.

Have a great day!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! My Helen POSTED!!!! LOL! I LOVE the pumpkin princess AND the RIP with that big spider! (I LIKE spiders!) How'd you get that cool bird (a Crow or Raven????)on there? Did you paint it? I LOVE IT! Most of all, I'm happy, happy, happy to see you posting!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

OH! I forgot to say tell the kids Aunty Kai said they did GREAT! And I KNOW you painted the bird - I meant did you draw it free style? It looks wonderful!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Shashi Nayagam said...

this is cool. What a fun project.
Glad to see your post

7:09 AM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

OMG! What a fantastic display for Halloween! I bet your kids love it! they are so lucky to have such an artistic mom. Love that face and the spider is awesome,

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sherry Goshon said...

Awesome helen
i love love love them and hope you are feeling better...love and miss ya

11:01 PM  
Blogger tamdoll said...

What a nice idea! Much prettier to look at than a scary pumpkin. Love it.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Love what you and the boys have done...looks like a lot of creative fun.
Auntie Linda

7:26 PM  
Blogger Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Helen,

Wow, what a great Halloween Princess. I love her face and the spiders are super. Tell the boys that next year , I will be waiting for one of those Spiders to arrive in Arizona! VBG
You are a great Mom for always teaching the boys art.

Love and hugs your friend,
Norma S.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Designs by Kat Lees said...

HELEN, HELLO,I LOVE YOUR DOLLS ALSO, THANKS FOR THE COMPS. HUGS, KAT LEES

2:20 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Love what you did with this pumpkin.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home